Sunday 12 July 2009

Project 7 - objects in different positions in the frame

This project is about where to place the subject in the frame, and this first was the "baseline" pic - putting the subject bang in the middle with little thought for the ugly buildings or other activity going on on the beach. This next isn't much different but I did compose the shot to lose the buildings. I don't really like this partly because of the distracting person in the background but also because the mast pretty much cuts the image in half.
This is my favourite by a long way - no people, just different shapes and colours. On straightening the horizon I did unfortunately lose some of the top of the mast which crowds the boat more than I would have liked - but I think better that than tipping off the edge of the world!